Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ahhhhh......

I walked down the airplane stairs yesterday afternoon and there it was, even through the smell of jet fuel: the clear, crisp, green Oregon air. It’s hard not to write an adolescent, gushy post about how gorgeous and wonderful it is to be here, so I hope this isn’t too cloying. But I am indeed jubilant.

There’s fresh snow on the mountains, the fruit trees and flowers are burgeoning, and a bald eagle flew, at eye level, past my living room window last night. On my way into town this morning through a partially sunny snow flurry (for coffee and, equally important, wifi access), I saw a huge Canada goose standing on the center roofline of an old red barn. A living weathervane, and friends the wind is fresh and fair.

I have nothing substantive on which to muse this morning. I plan to run a couple of errands, enjoy coffee with my friends, and take a long afternoon nap. On to the coast tomorrow…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oregon! I will never forget the first time I left the Portland airport and rounded a corner to be faced with Mt. Hood. I guffawed and said "What the HELL is that?" and the limo driver said, "Uh, that's Mt. Hood."

I'm sorry that my first view of a Cascade was lost on someone who took it for granted.