It's that time of year when I long for a fall that just won't come. When the usually ubiquitous squirrels go missing, probably to Vermont or some autumn haven, because nothing in the atmosphere suggests they should bother burying acorns. When the desire to pluck a perfectly ripe apple from a tree is defeated by green pecans.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Sorry I've been away for so long. My days in Oregon were full if hot, my trip home was uneventful, and settling back into a routine has been challenging.
The last two mornings have held a suggestion of coolness, and evening walks have become slightly less sweaty. Such minuscule harbingers of fall always improve my mood and inspire new ideas.
Along these lines, here are some random plans/resolutions for the upcoming season.
1. Eschew restaurants for food I cook myself.
2. Go to Young Girl's soccer practices and games with glee.
3. Revive my blogging spirit.
4. Advocate calmly for health care reform.
5. Advocate calmly, period.
6. Inspired by Karen Maezen Miller, do the laundry.
7. Attack a pile of paper a day.
8. Spend time outdoors, damn the mosquitoes.
9. Touch base once each week with an old friend.