Thursday, June 7, 2007

Shaken and Stirred

Salt Lake – Lakeview - Ashland

I arrived at my final destination about 4 p.m. Pacific Time.

I feel like I’ve been jostled in a cocktail shaker by a very vigorous bartender. It’s going to take a couple of days for the sediment to make it to the bottom of the glass and some clarity to rise to the top.

In 36 hours, I’ve been in a city, a desert, salt flats, mining country, conifer forests, lush valleys, an 1880s logging/ranching town, and, finally, on the front porch with the warm setting sun painting the mountains golden.

In the same 36 hours, I’ve driven through sun, wind, rain, and snow. I’ve enjoyed temperatures ranging from 85 to 28.

I will say this: our country still has sights of stunning beauty in between the WalMarts.

I’ll write more when I catch my breath.

No comments: