I found out that, even if I did order the second Miss Mac (will she be my Trophy Mac?) with priority shipping, she might not arrive before I was ready to point The Family Truckster west. And, try as I might, I simply can't write - really write - on this humongous Man Dell XPS. It's just cumbersome.
And I could not play Photo Hunt this week because all my pics were on my stolen machine.
So what is there left but to succumb to Meme Fever?
I have resisted meme-ing (is that a word?) because it looks like the PERFECT form of procrastination. I mean, I'd be writing wouldn't I? And I never wanted this blog to be the Chronicles of Me.
But stuck here in the Embassy Suites, sipping a bourbon and water from the "complimentary manager's reception," it just feels right.
So I'm giving in to Seven Random Things About Me.
Readers, forgive me. I know not what I do.
1. I like espresso drinks lightly sweet, but any trace of sugar in regular coffee makes me gag.
2. I am a recovering black shoe addict.
3. I go internally ballistic when people mispronounce words, but only if they should know better.
4. I love cold weather, so much so that one winter when money was tight and I needed a new dress coat I decided to go without on the principle that going coatless in the record cold would help me lose weight.
5. I know now, more than ever, that all those vocational aptitude tests we took in school were right; I should have been a lawyer.
6. I have absolutely no interest in ever reading a science fiction or fantasy novel.
7. I, very briefly, had a very mean Shetland pony when I was a little girl.
I really don't know how to tag people. But I hope some of you will tell me seven random things about yourselves via the comments below!