Some quick random thoughts, and then I'm going to sleep (I hope).
* The heat is messing with my circadian rhythms. I find myself all siesta-ey around 3 p.m., and pass into a dozy haze for about an hour and a half. This, of course, means that I stay up too late, am tired all day, and crash even harder the next day. I know that the solution is to hit the treadmill at siesta time, but my bed feels sooooooooooo much better.
* On the 13th, Small Child and I head to California to rendezvous with The Man and his mom for a week on Balboa Island, although we passed on the Big Family Wedding at Del Mar. The Man spent time on the Little Island during most of his childhood summers and has wonderful memories. I like it, too, but this is not how I would like to spend my Designated Vacation Time.
* Spending three hours talking with friends, eating hummus, drinking wine, and alternating between the hot tub and the cool pool is excellent therapy, isn't it?
* If you have a child between seven and ten (give or take a year or so for individual variations), I highly recommend reading some childhood classics aloud together. Small Child adored, for example, both Little Women and My Side of the Mountain.
* Summer shoes seem to be on sale. That is always a good thing.