Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gone Too Far.


I'd like to stop posting these.  But this one, from a Pennsylvania Palin rally, is truly awful.  You can find the accompanying article here. I have such mixed feelings. I want to share my outrage by letting people know this poison is out there. But I also worry that I'm spreading toxin merely by posting it. Troubled.



What's more, McCain held a rally in Davenport, Iowa yesterday.  At that rally, a minister gave an invocation including the following language (you can find the full story here,):
"I would also pray, Lord, that your reputation is involved in all that happens between now and November, because there are millions of people around this world praying to their god - whether it’s Hindu, Buddha, Allah - that his opponent wins, for a variety of reasons,” Conrad said.

"And Lord, I pray that you would guard your own reputation, because they’re going to think that their god is bigger than you, if that happens. So I pray that you will step forward and honor your own name with all that happens between now and Election Day.”
The racism is frightening. But these words scare me much, much more.

3 comments:

MBGentsch said...

Awww. The minister's a blowhard that no (virtually) one pays attention to, anyway. Best, Brent

Anonymous said...

good point on the spreading the toxin...but Im also compelled to share as Im horrified.

oh the duality.

Kelly Hudgins said...

Thanks for commenting, MizFit!
It is a conundrum.

I've been reading a book by Thich Nhat Hahn, though, that has convinced me that I need to reduce my anger intake as much as I need to watch my fat grams.

And it's helping. At this point, I've decided that, at least in my orbit, positions are fairly entrenched. So I'm going to do my best to care for myself and those I love. Breathe in, breathe out. And get enough sleep rather than following links into the crazy.

Please do come back!